2015 – 2016 Season – Parental Guidelines
We would like to welcome you to another season with Passage AFC. We will endeavour to make it an enjoyable and successful a season as possible, on and off the pitch.
Thank you for all your support last season and we would like to outline some guidelines where the club requires your continued support.
Training Sessions and Match days:
- Regular attendance is important for players not to fall behind in their development
- Timely collection and drop off of children is important.
- Parents will need to transport their children to and from away fixtures/locations. Car pooling is encouraged.
- Suitable sportswear must be worn and can be purchased from the Club shop.
- The Club shop is available through the Club’s website or committee members
- Socks & shorts, jersey’s & tracksuits for winter days
- Runners for indoor training.
- Football boots for grass surfaces.
- Players must arrive with skin pads at all training sessions and matches, and those wishing to play in goal must wear goalkeeper gloves.
- Children are required to bring their own football to training sessions.
- 5-8 yrs will need a size 3 ball
- 9-10 yrs will need a size 4 ball
- Parents will be notified of any changes due to hire of indoor facilities during the winter period.
Health, Safety & Child Welfare:
With new Child Welfare legislation in place, and existing Health & Safety legislation, it is important all parents familiarise themselves with the following guidelines, which are available in the Documents and Articles section of our website.
- Passage AFC Code of Practice
- Code of Conduct – Parents
- Code of Conduct – Coaches
- Code of Conduct – Spectators
- Benefits of Soccer – The Science
Areas such as Player Conduct, Parent & Coach Co-operation, Mobile Phone usage and Photography are covered in these documents.
Volunteers are needed to support the number of players, of all ages at the club in either a coaching or organisational role.
The Club will provide FAI coaching courses for anyone interested in either of these roles.
- Assist in one-off events, e.g. family fun day, sale of raffle tickets.
- Club Lottery weekly sales
- Sponsorship opportunities are also available.
The Club Website, Facebook and mobile notifications:
The Club’s website has been revamped and will be updated on a regular basis.
Our Facebook page shows news of events, fixtures and other club information. Like us on Facebook
You can also follow us on Twitter.
The club may also use mobile text messaging to relay information.
The club relies greatly on support from parents/guardians and the role you play is vital to the continued success of the club.